Description: Make your Blogger blog SEO friendly by using SEO pack for Blogger settings. A complete guide to choose best SEO settings in Blogger Dashboard.
If you have ever used WordPress then I am sure you will be familiar with plugins such as "All in One SEO Pack" and "SEO by Yoast". Just you have to install one of these plugin into your WordPress blog, your blog will become SEO friendly. The most advantage of these plugins are writing SEO friendly content, creating different descriptions for each post, and also you can edit your robots.txt file. In Blogger, there were no options to do it earlier. Later, Google has decided to take Blogger more SEO friendly, and launched some features via "customize your search preferences" into the Blogger dashboard by which you can write different description for each post directly from your post editor. Other than search preferences, you can also make your blogger post more SEO friendly by using the extra features such as making your Blogger images SEO friendly you should use "alt" and "title" tags for your images and rel attribute to choose whether you want to make your external links nofollow or dofollow directly from your post editor. With the launch of SEO pack, Blogger has also added few functionality to dashboard by which you can now set "404 pages not found" message to your visitors. You can also redirect your broken links to any of the internal links of your blog inside your blogger dashboard. When you combine the entire feature I mentioned above, it will become as a SEO pack for Blogger. Therefore, here is how to make Blogger SEO friendly via Blogger SEO Pack.
Install SEO Pack for Blogger via "Customize Your Search Preferences"
- Sign into Blogger board.
- Click on Setting under more options,
- Click on Search preferences under Settings,
Now, first look at the "Meta tags" option. Click on "Edit" under description, and select "Yes" for enable search description. Now, write your homepage description in the text field, and finally click on "Save changes". Your search description has now enabled. You will see another field called "search description" inside your post editor that you can use to write your current post description.
- (Optional) Now, look at the "Crawlers and indexing" option, you can enable your custom robots.txt file for your blog from here. I have already written a post about it, you can read it if you want to make your custom robots.txt SEO friendly file for your blog.
- While writing your post, you should not neglecting using heading tags. You can use them simply in Blogger post editor similar as mention in the following preview,
- When you create any text links into your post, you will have an option to make your links to "nofollow or dofollow". Look at the following preview, you can make any link nofollow easily directly from your post editor. If you don't do anything in this option, your default link will be dofollow.
- When you upload photos to your post, you will have an option to add "alt" and "title" tags to images by clicking on the image and then click on Properties.
Like Us on Social Media